View Single Post
      04-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #37
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Having driven an s5 for a few thousand miles...

Modded 335 >> S5 > 335 in terms of driving. I was extremely unimpressed with the 335 in stock form from a handling aspect. While it's definitely more direct than the s5 and a bit tighter if you will, it's infinitely less planted at speed and bumpstops like no other. The grip from the S5 is seemingly endless. It does understeer a bit when you approach the limit, but the 335 does too.

The s5 beats the 335 in terms of everything not related to drivers dynamics; although, I must admit, those recaros aren't very comfortable after a couple hours of driving. The thigh bolsters get pretty damn annoying when you're in cruise and want to rest your leg. The sound system is better, the electronics are more user friendly IMO, (although, I have the first generation of the E9x idrive, so i'm biased against it). Both cars have pretty shitty cupholders. The S5's glovebox is definitely smaller and the backseat is useless.

Never driven an s5 cab though. I'd imagine it's pretty awful to drive. That car is ridiculously heavy.

I don't know. Whenever I drive the S5 I definitely feel like i'm driving something that's nicer than my 335. It's probably pretty similar to the difference between an evo mr touring and a 335. One's a bit better of a drivers car, but one stands out as a nicer automobile. Not AS extreme, but similar (the mr touring feels much nicer than a regular evo, in case you've never been in one.)
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4

Last edited by TheAcAvenger; 04-24-2011 at 08:48 PM..
Appreciate 0