03-30-2016, 09:47 AM   #25
bigdnno98
Real Car Enthusiast
Germany
Rep
Drives: 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivahnn View Post
I ran my n55 DCT last night for the first time on a very humid and hot night and could only do a 2.4 60 foot time. Dunno where I am going wrong but my car has catless dp, jb4 was on map 5, er cp an er intercooler and afe intake. Could only pull a 13.5. Launching with the DCT. Any tips for lowering my 60 foot time? I am thinking of lowering psi in rear tyres and mixing some e85 for a e30 mix next time I go.
Launching a DCT is very difficult. No brake boosting so you only have two options. 1st is just mash the gas when the lights turn yellow. 2nd is to use the cars factory launch control. At least the 135i LC is 3500 RPMs. The 335is LC is 5k RPMs. I tried it once and just blew the tires off. BuraQ gave me some pointers today on how to use the LC and not launch at 5k so I'm gonna try that out this weekend. You're never going to cut 1.6 60's in a DCT though. There have been some pretty good ETs lately from DCT cars. I'd say try using your stock LC. I also have a set of MT ET streets now just for the track on a set of 135i style 264s. They hook really well.
Appreciate 0