View Single Post
      03-26-2015, 06:03 PM   #19
Mrchntmarine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
Merchant Marine, go read CharlesCA's link. In his first post (in the link), 2nd from the bottom repair he mentions smooth running controller and it was in association with other things that he got CBU cleaning. Might not be your story necessarily but check out his story please. He got his done for $50 deductible through CPO warranty. I know CPO and extended are different animals. Good luck. You might need another dealer for a different reason.
Will check it out. The plan I bought at BMW Dealer actually had a deductible but when I was negotiating the price I got them to take it out. So, no deductible. The service writer has told me that if the smooth idle controller is not broken then nothing is covered. But if it is broken then the part and labor is covered. Nothing mentioned about CBU cleaning at all. BUT, I did place a call yesterday to BMWNA and talked to an Executive Customer Care person whom I had dealt with last year when the car was throwing codes. She told me that BMW would help out, assist with this problem and for me to call the Dealer Service Mgr. I've placed 2 calls so far and am still waiting for a response/diagnosis as I type this. Will update as soon as I hear something.
2012 Q5 TDI (sold) 2014 Q5 TDI 2016 Audi A6
Appreciate 0