Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 / 2011 X5 35d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimplicit View Post
Hi:
2011 335d with outstanding recalls for blower motor and positive battery cable. I received a letter from BMW this week indicating that dealers are now ready to fix these issues. I removed the blower motor about 5 months ago and saw no corrosion or sign of water leak. Not too worried about that one but probably should have the battery cable replaced. I am worried that something bad might happen if I take it in if/when they see the changes to the exhaust system. My car was tuned (stage 2) at AARodriguez. Is there a risk if I take the car to a local dealer for the recall service?
Thanks.
-Robert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimplicit View Post
Hi:
2011 335d with outstanding recalls for blower motor and positive battery cable. I received a letter from BMW this week indicating that dealers are now ready to fix these issues. I removed the blower motor about 5 months ago and saw no corrosion or sign of water leak. Not too worried about that one but probably should have the battery cable replaced. I am worried that something bad might happen if I take it in if/when they see the changes to the exhaust system. My car was tuned (stage 2) at AARodriguez. Is there a risk if I take the car to a local dealer for the recall service?
Thanks.
-Robert.

Dealers don't care what you have done to the car.. specially if you have no warranty.. they would love to tell you that there is something wrong because
of the tune or a modified exhaust and charge you thousands to repair it..
With that said make sure you tell your S.A. that mechanics CAN NOT for any reason touch your DDE. Heard many times of people getting their DDEs re-flashed back to Stock because that was part of their "troubleshooting"