08-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #9
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhter View Post
1) do you mean 2 pairs of morel ovation and a single admw9 since you mention a 4+1 ch amp?
No, the ADMW9 is a pair-set with shallow 9" drivers for underseat. Are you planning on a trunk sub? If not, go with Earthquake SWS-8 or the Morels.

Quote:
2) He said he can get something for underseat from focal but I don't remember which model
I'd like to hear it I don't think they make one that fits...

Quote:

3) what is bandpass? Do you mean the stock under seats can't go below 50 without rattling so need to block those freqs?
I thought you were using a trunk sub. My apologies if I misunderstood. I couldn't even consider using a 300/4 on front and rear and the stock amp on the stock woofers, as the only source of bass.

If you are using the stock woofers on an aftermarket amp, they don't do as well below 50 and can fail. I don't recommend using the stock woofers with an aftermarket amp UNLESS you are using them as midbass with a trunk sub.

Quote:

4) what are some other good vale amps I should look at?
The JL XD series should be considered. An XD 600/6 will fit in place of your HiFi amp and accept the balanced HU output signals, and run cooler than a 300/4. You could use one of those to power fronts, rears, and underseats in a basic system, which would far outperform the HiFi stock system.

The Arc Mini 125.4 is also good.

See if you can get:

- JL XD600/6
- Morel Dotech or Hybrid Ovation 4" components in the front
- Morel Integra Ovation 4" point source in the rear
- Earthquake SWS8 or Morel ADMW9 underseat

Or
- JL 600/6
- Rainbow Sound Line 210.25 4 in front
- Rainbow Sound Line 100KX 4" coax in rear
- Same woofers as above

If you are on a budget, leave the rears alone, get the best fronts you can, and new underseat woofers, and a 4-channel (JL XD 4-channel or Arc 125.4 are small options).
Appreciate 0