View Single Post
      11-23-2018, 11:46 AM   #76
biz77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

In all fairness to VTT we did much of the pricing speculation. We were told only that "pricing would be competitive." One person's "competitive" is another persons "WTF were they thinking?" If they had built the kit as originally stated with a journal bearing turbo, I'm sure we could see price points pushing closer to PS2. As it stands $3,500 gets you a quality turbo that should be good for up to 600WHP. The downside is you are stuck with that turbo.
I don't anticipate they will sell many of these kits even if the base price of the kit stays at $2,999. For the same money you can get a proven Big Boost kit with more turbo options and for a few bucks more (depending on how you configure your VTT kit) you can get the Speedtech kit, which is superior to the VTT offering IMO.
When VTT wants to get serious they will build a kit that gets rid of the restrictive exhaust manifold, bolts on a quality journal bearing turbo that is capable of 500whp on 93 octane and 600whp on E50 and prices it with all the goodies under $3,000.
Appreciate 1