View Single Post
      08-13-2016, 10:36 AM   #42
marvel.marv
Rep
Drives: '17 G31 540ix, '16 F36 420i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three_thirty_I View Post
I am going to still get my diagnostics PC sorted out, and want to also get my notebook sorted out so that I can take live data readings while on the road. So I gather testo will show what the thermostat and water pump is doing, so one can then determine if the thermostat is not regulating the temp or the pump is not correctly regulating the coolant flow? I can only think that while the thermostat typically regulates the temperature, it's also the water pump that plays a part, so just like you get a thermostat that is mechanically stuck open, makes me wonder if you don't have a water pump that doesn't regulate properly and moves too much coolant when it's suppose to either be a lot slower or not at all.

I have actually tried playing around with the climate control settings while monitoring the coolant temp, and didn't really make any difference. We have fairly warm summers, but winter at the moment and while it does get close to the 0 C mark over here, that's only on the coldest nights, usually above 10 C during the coldest days, so I would classify as anything other than moderate temperatures in general. And what I have observed is regardless of weather, so at least whatever it's doing, it is able to "maintain" what it thinks is the correct temperatures. Just need to figure out why it is these lower temps rather than the correct temperature ranges.
Hey Three_thirty_I,

I'm having the exact same temperature problem as you do on the other side of the globe (funny time we live in, right?).

Do you have any developments since July?

marvel.marv

Here's my similar topic on bimmerfest (hope posting this is not against the rules, if so I'll remove it):
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=909770

Last edited by marvel.marv; 08-13-2016 at 12:56 PM..
Appreciate 0