02-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #13
noonystock
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshwhite335 View Post
welcome to 3 series ownership
Ditto.

When enthusiastic 3-series wannabes have asked me how I like my car, I've told them "great car...too bad it creaks like a wooden boat." This exchange has happened 3 times to date. Hello...are you listening, BWMNA? How many potential sales can you afford to lose in this economy?

My car now has 13k miles. I've come a long way, but I am still eliminating creaks. Felt tape, high-density foam, and Carbaflo are my new best friends.

My Service Advisor has been very helpful, especially with some of the more challenging creaks (e.g. replacing the radio harness). He agrees the car should not creak the way it does. But if I relied on BMW service to address each creak as it emerges, I'd never have a chance to actually drive the car.

So I am especially grateful to this forum, and to each of you who, through your postings, has helped teach me how to take my car apart to fix creaks.

I just didn't realize that's what I was signing on for when I bought the car.