View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep
Drives: none

who owns their own business? debating opening one

So when I went to college, I didn't want to go to college.. got the kick in the ass by my parents... graduated and couldn't get a FT job.. owed tons of money for school and said fk it went to grad school for a year.. got an Acc MBA in business management in 11 months..

Bounced around a little got a great job in finance/business world where I have been for almost 2 years now... problem is

I HATE MY JOB...

I really want to do something with cars which is what I wanted to do when I was in pre-school, elementary school middle school, high school, etc;

I am young and don't have a family to support and I am thinking about opening a business and taking a risk...

I know its a risk thats the problem ...

I am debating opening up a towing company... I have connections in the car industry and a friend that has a towing business...

it has relatively low overhead from my understanding because all you need is a truck, business license, and insurance. I would end up renting space in a yard from someone I know and running the paperwork/business end out of my home.

I would do police towing which is a rotating schedule on a per call basis for some towns and per day basis for other towns...

If any of you took a risk and made it out alive and are now successful please fill me in on how you did it...

I want to be my own boss and be successful , definitely dont want to be a failure...

problem is most people deep down around you want you to fail... well I would like to prove them wrong

my original thought was to open a shop but I see them fail left and right.. my best friend has a successful one and I would never want to take away from his business at all... plus there is much overhead...
Appreciate 0