View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #13
sfury
Dammit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 GTR

As a friend once told me, just do it....

My story. Been in IT/Infrastructure for over 15 years moving from one specialty to the next from data center implementation to disaster recovery & business continuity to IT compliance. Pay was great and the experience and knowledge was overwhelming but at the end of the day, I was still working for someone else. The freedom and independence was definitely lacking.

So by chance an opportunity pop up where someone I knew had a family business that needed a patrol guard and an off-duty police officer/friend needed some extra cash. I put the two together and from what started with one guard grew to a few then over the course of 4 years, it grew to over 200 guards employed.

I, just last September threw in the towel and walked away from my IT life to now really drive my security guard business. It hasn't been easy but definitely 100 times more rewarding and the extra time I get to be with my new family is a huge win over.

I can't say that I don't miss the IT life but when I see my lil baby girl, I know the extra time I have with her IS because of my business.

You just have to try. No matter the outcome, the experience itself will go a long way.
07 e92 335i 6MT - Tuned + catless (sold)
Appreciate 0