View Single Post
      10-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #792
cr2596
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '01 M5 + '89 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
LOL Been going son and also racing Sunday.
I'm not sure what you mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq diesel View Post
Not even serial numbered... Each cars has the "1 of 200" plague inside. So there are 200 "#1" cars being brought over.

The only saving grace is "if" someone wanted to option that car and order it straight from the catalogue, they'll be saving a few bucks buying the Lime Rock edition. But in reality, how many people would purposely pay more (individual pricing) for Fire Orange? 200? I guess we'll find out...

Seeing as how the body style and engine are both being retired, they could of made some truly collectible cars by offering a "true" special edition M3 that either (or all combined) had a moderate weight reduction, different engine tune (I'm willing to give up the battle for the 4.4L engine since BMW just will not give us their "sweet" engines...), and exhaust. If you knock off the Fire Orange color (say you go with blue...), put an engine tune that bumps it up to say 430- 440 HP and charge that same mark-up that the paint would get those cars would not even sit in the showroom...

All of those things could be done rather easily without having to modify the assembly line or other cost adding measures. But instead, they go and toss all that effort at the 1M, and just decide to add more options that few people bought (either due to their already high mark-up or better aftermarket offerings) to the M3 as its swan song...
This.

Oooooo, we get a plaque. Hooray!! Here is a bunch more money. Thank you so much.