Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper9009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriztofor View Post
Sounds about right, an independent shop probably will save you about $200. You should also look into changing the thermostat too. Ask if they will charge $0 for labor since it is attached to the water pump. I wonder if you don't say anything will they tell you that you need a thermostat during the job, if so what a bunch of crooks. Post an update no matter what you decide to do and the outcome. Thx.
Can this also be done at an independent shop? Was wondering if i can get the parts for cheap and get this done somewhere else...was planning to sell my car soon anyways
Doubt an independent shop would install your parts. That is like bringing eggs to a diner. . But a reputable independent can fix it. Try posting on the regional sub forum.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0