02-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #16
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper9009 View Post
Got it done at a dealership at $1037.... a couple of the pins for the side trim was broken and when I asked him to fix it he gave me estimate of $150....WTF? the pins are $1 a peice and takes a minute to fix these.. I got the pins myself and fixed it....I hate it when they try to rip your off .....I hate this dealership , I knew before hand that it was a waterpump failure and I knew how much it was going to cost me beforeI took it to dealership however when I got the call from dealership saying that the waterpump has to be fixed he told me it will be $1370....I told him that I already knew that the water pump had to be replaced and it would cost $1037 including labour ..then he said he will refer to his 'so callled ' Notes ... and agreed to do it for $1037 ...
You didn't get the thermostat changed too?
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0