04-26-2015, 07:00 AM   #12
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
Oh my word, u've taken the car to a whole new level mate, that is a staggering amount of power ur car is putting out, considering the quality of the hardware that has been put in, the cost of the package with install included seems really reasonable? Are u planning on tracking it now? An LSD is a must now 😀😀better stopping power needed too, perhaps a big brake kit? Lol u can't stop now that u've started
Yes Rudz, when i worked it out the package price is quite reasonable. If you calculate the costs of the parts separately (and assume the custom remap is £450), then the labour (inc oil change) and dyno time worked out to approx £300, which for all that work is an excellent price.

Definitely want to track it, but I was thinking i may take it to Santa Pod just to see what happens. I don't live to far from there, but Bedford Autodrome is close too

LSD is needed even more now. I haven't started to push the car anywhere near 60% in the corners yet. I expect when i start getting used to the power and using more of it in the corners, i will start slipping away

Brakes wise i am happy with the way the EBC Ultimax discs and yellowstuff pads performed. I also have SS brake lines and ATE Super Blue fluid. I did some very hard braking (bedding in stage) yesterday and the brakes were brutal Even after 10 stops (60mph-10mph) i did not feel any fade, which i'm suprised about. Perhaps once i start tracking it i will get a better idea of how this set up performs.

Rudz this was supposed to be my last mod before the baby arrives! So i don't think i will do any more for a while now. But the first things i want to do are rear aluminium bushes and an LSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann View Post
That's fucking mad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
Stabs the man he's good the stuff I git from him many moons ago was good transformed my old 330d, but Christ yours is in a different leaguethat cars gonna feel epic out on the road re M3's yer right you'll murder them in std spec the torque you've got is as you've stated by using the letters e.m.k.u.f and c to describe the arse dyno reaction is off the scale. Good preventive stuff done by removing the swirls it's a wise choice and also helps aswell as the car will be even if unfettled be a wise move for longevity and also throttle response all of which help

Bloody epic this for a diesel, wheels look sweet bad news re the splitter though
Yeah Stan does some amazing work and like yourself is very knowledgeable in his field. The team spirit is also very high there, everyone has that passion to finish and complete the job at the highest standard. Even if this means working late just to make the job 100%.

Throttle response is completely different to before. I was considering one of those throttle boxes, but would be silly to put that on now as there is no need. Whatever gear or engine speed you have, you will be pushed back hard!

My worry now is my license.

Yes the splitter was very annoying but at least the "bad" side to counter the
good wasn't any worse than that! i am a firm believer in when something really good happens and you are extremely happy, something bad happens as well. I was actually saying this to some of the guys at Ecotune (and Awbimmer) before i left. I knew something was coming, but i thought it may be a speeding ticket so i did 70mph all the way (apart from a few seconds).

Quote:
Originally Posted by essex_lad View Post
Wow that's one hell of a machine! I wish I bought Ashleys one.
Which one was Ashley's? Was it the one recently advertised on here? If so i think it may be the previous record car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Mo
We were chatting throughout ..... This is purely insane!!! I love it. What a beast mode this car is now. remind me to move to the hard shoulder if I ever see you on the motorway lolll.

'Maaauve bitch get out the way'

It'll be v interesting to have a 3 month review and see how you and the car is getting on. How it's handling itself etc.

you'll be saying bye byes to a lot of other cars on the road not just M3s. ... take your pick now

Wheels looks dope as and u definitely need to call that company up and get a refund. I never liked them what with all the bad reviews people gave them.
Haha Sam, yes thanks for your assistance throughout! Very much appreciated mate.

I will keep this thread updated with anything that happens, hopefully it will be nothing.

Re the wheels, i am happier with them than the G Powers. This morning went out to have a look and i was like

Re the splitter, i will post pics and name and shame the retailer if they don't do anything for me. I had it fitted for about a week and it looks like it's been through hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwh85 View Post
you'll definitely blow an m3 mate, I had a play with a C63 coupe and was glued to his bumper and you have 50bhp/40lbt more than me.

You'll definitely need to get a lsd now. That's my next mod, I'd like to compare mine with yours just to see the difference between the power.

Nice work pal.
Thanks mate. Can't wait to try and see how other high performance cars match up!

Would be good to compare! I think peak figures are a bit useless, as you can have 600bhp for like 500 rpm and the rest could be really low. You should look at the whole rev range from 1k to 4.5k and look at the power and torque at different points, in effect the area under the curve (windymissile where are you!) Saying that i think i have more than 50bhp and 40ft.lbs than you peak wise, have a closer look at both dyno print outs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ess View Post
Sounds incredible Mo, you really treated yourself! Shame about the splitter, but to be honest by the time I was reading the Ecotune bit I had completely forgotten about it! Great write up, I was gripped. Would love a ride in your car to see how it compares to a simple remap...
Yes was a very nice treat for myself It's truly transformed the car in ways i would have never dreamed of.

The splitter was a downer, but like you, i'm so happy about the Ecotune work that it's not bothered me too much! Maybe if it happened on it's own i would be very pissed off. But i will still chase the supplier up and try and get a refund.

If you are ever in the Northampton area it would be a pleasure to take you out for a spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umut335i View Post
Dammnnnn what a beast! Go on Mo! Enjoy my friend!!!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0