mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray911 View Post
Nice write up and what a beast.
Sounds like you were well looked after by Ecotune too.
Curious as to how much that little lot has set you back!
Well it wasn't cheap! The parts of the package come to roughly £2.6k. Thats the two hybrid turbos, intercooler and DPF delete pipe with a sports cat. Then £700 is the labour, custome remap and dyno time. You save £100 if you don't go for a sports cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
I must say that I enjoyed reading this thread so well done on writing something interesting

All I can say it that you have modified the car tastefully. Nothing chavy!

And in terms of Power / performance, your D is winner.

Hope you keep your driving license clean after this and with the little one coming soon you may have to adapt your driving. I remember hooning my 330d and my daughter told me to behave!
Thanks for your kind words Sam. I'm glad you like the modding on my car! Need to cone see you and the family sometime.

Yeah when my one comes i will have to change definitley. Would feel wrong to push the car with a baby in the back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin32 View Post
Excellent write-up Mo.

From our previous chat is looks like the performance figures you achieved are beyond what you expected, in a good way.
Just shows these engines are very capable.

Think I might need to get myself back through to Stan for run on his new dyno - would only be fair for comparison reasons
Forgot to say thanks to this man! Helped a lot in my choice making!

He has a new dyno? As far as i'm aware it's the same one just been moved a bit underground. Anyways i discussed the difference between our cars and it was definitely not the dyno. Stan seems to think the small turbo may be a bit different on mine, which would explain why my car has a lot more on the low end.

But would be great to see on yours how much power it has held over a year or two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
Looks great Mo, definitely get that LSD on your shopping list mate!
Stop it! Need to stop spending on this car now. Spent £5k on suspension and this mod, god knows how much more on other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy78 View Post
Wow..... this is a beast!

fantastic work!
Thanks. It is a beast! Feels a bit like a petrol the way the power is at the high end, really doesn't drop off.

I did some quick 0-60 runs using the torque app. Struggled with traction in 2nd gear, was weaving away. Best i got was 4.9s. I'm sure this could be improved upon by more practice, an LSD and wider tyres. But for the first time i'm happy i got less than 5s.

Also getting a lot of looks when i boot it from passers by. I think it's the sound
Appreciate 0