07-17-2018, 07:17 PM   #1
CTrink
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Nexus 7 2013 + CarPlay!!!

About a year and a half ago I discovered a great DIY thread on the Nexus 7 2013 Setup. I was a bit late in the game to be apart of the discussions while the experimentation phase was underway. Although; I did learn from all of your posts here to anyone that contributed to the conversation.

Since then I sourced my parts and installed my nexus to get what I needed. Two weeks ago, however, I discovered a post talking about Avinusa.com's top mount navigation system. I thought it was awesome and started to read up on how they utilized Apple CarPlay. Found out they sold the usb dongle for their setups separately and sent out an email asking if the device would work on a nexus. They actually didn't know. So I ponied up the $99 and bought one.

I did a little searching before writing this up and could not find anyone utilizing this "new" device on a Nexus 7. So I apologize if it has been covered.

I actually also placed an order on a website called "Wish" for the same looking type of device for $47. They both showed up and turns out... They are the same device. I mean literally. Same internals. Sorry I didn't take a picture of the two because of excitement of the install.
Attached Images