View Single Post
      08-24-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
Ginoz32
Registered
Rep
Drives: Nissan Titan

New guy introduction/questions

Hey guys, I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. My name is Dave, and I am currently in the market for a 335xi. I used to have a fully built Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo (in my gallery...actually one of three Z's I've owned). When the built motor decided to go f**k itself, I started collecting parts for a twin turbo VH45 (4.5l Nissan V8) build/swap, but quickly lost motivation and free time (having a second baby will do that). I sold all my Z stuff and took a temporary hiatus from the car scene...well...now I'm back.

Now that I have a full family, my original love for rwd fast cars has to be slightly altered...which brought me to my new parameters of something AWD, 4 door/seat, decent on gas, and can still be fun and fast, which basically left with me an EVO, a WRX/STI, or a 335XI. Obviously since I'm posting on this forum, I think we can all figure out which car I am leaning towards.

The car will essentially be an all season daily driver for me, though I will be doing some essential mods. I have my eyes set on a nice 2011, but just wanted some first hand experience from those of you who already own these cars...how does the xi perform in snow (assuming decent all weather tires)? How is the automatic transmission, and how does it hold up to mods? I know the big debate over N54/N55...personally, I would like something reliable (n55)...but at the same time easy to mod, and I have no problem getting my hands dirty (I built my 900hp Z with my own hands, other than the machine work)...it just can't leave me stranded.

I know that's a lot to read, but any feedback or advice about what to consider or look at when going to test drive/buy a 335 would be much appreciated! Also if anyone is interested in what all was done (and going to be done) to the Z, feel free to ask...I love to talk cars!
Appreciate 0