View Single Post
      10-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
y2blade
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: S60 D5

Post Anyone here switch from Volvo to BMW ownership

I'm about to replace my S60 D5 with an E91 320d.
Might be a bit of a random post I Just wondered if anyone else here had made the same (or similar) switch...if so how to the two brands compare? I've never owned a BMW before...perhaps I'm getting cold feet over it.
I like Volvo (Have owned them for the last 10 years) and will be sorry to leave the swede manufacturer but imho the newer ones are not the same since FORD have had a hand in things.

My BMW driving experience so far has been solely M cars, belonging to friends of mine over the years.
E36 M3 cab and coupe, E46 M3 Cab and Coupe, E92 M3 DCT and Manual and Z4 M coupe....I've not driven any NON-M BMWs

My Boss has a 320d SE (the same model I'm after) and have just been out and had a good look around his one inside and out..I liked the pop-up cargo net and the neat storage holes, plus the power socket in the boot will be handy. His one has material seats that feel comfy, so now I've sat in one I'm not to fussed about leather but it would be a bonus if I could get a leather spec'ed one (I do like leather seats).
It was nice to look around it without a salesperson asking "well what do you think?" every 30secs.

If I have time I'll have a drive of it after work tonight and see how it compares to my S60 D5, I do expect it to perform about the same but with a more direct "feel" to the steering/suspension..The Volvo is nice and soft, definitely set-up for comfort above all.
Appreciate 0