View Single Post
      02-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #27
PerthBMW
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Can’t be doing too bad if your profile is correct that you drive a F30 328i M everything...good for a small shop owner on $78K a year...did you buy it on line by any chance and import it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenb72 View Post
I totally agree that prices for stuff are much higher here, but as a small business owner I must say (to those who would listen), people only see the money they charge but never stop to think about the cost of running a shop. It is not uncommon to pay $100k+ for a little shop in Perth CBD so for those who earns over $100K+ salary per year (how many of you?) I have to MAKE (profit not turn-over) $100K per year just to be almost even (not forgetting the utilities charge, wages and business loan repayments)...... ooooh that's before paying myself for working 7 days a week including 12hr Fridays during late night shopping. I am there all day everyday so in the off chance someone might decide to come in, may or may not buy anything but that doesn't stop them from whinging about how expensive everything are, they can get things much cheaper online..... meanwhile not ashamed to try things on so they can buy the same thing online.
Our average salary is about $78K/year while other 1st world countries such as America is about $50k/year. People who complain about how things are 20-50% more expensive here never complain how salaries are 20-50% higher when they get their pay cheque.
Cost of living & standard of living are directly proportional so unless you can work for an Australian company in a third world country, getting paid A$ and spend it over there, I guess you just have to put up with it.
Appreciate 0