01-19-2017, 01:31 PM   #12
JB4N
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf11 View Post
Yeah, I think that what Bmw did to my car as well. They said it took 8 hours to update the car's firmware. Did not seem to help.

*I am also reading some forms that said there is a good 20% chance that if you do change your fluid the odds of transmission failure is much greater. Bmw "Will say" it is a lifetime oil never needs to be changed. But I feel every type of oil breaks down.. That does not seem lifetime to me.
ZF who makes the transmission recommends to change the fluid every 60k. No fluid is really lifetime. I would listen to the people who make the transmission rather then BMW's "life time" fluid recommendation. It really all depends on the mileage of the car you are changing the fluid in. Any car over 100k is a hit or miss when changing transmission fluid. All the gunk from the old fluid clogs up everything in the transmission when you put brand new fluid in when at high mileage. Maintenance is key with these cars! I plan to change the transmission fliuld and filter in my car soon, I have 61k.
Appreciate 0