Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
I am not technical enough to know whether or how they violate the text of the rules, but they for sure violate the spirit of the rules... Do you think it's fair that 2 midfield teams and the worst team in F1 all of the sudden have such a significant advantage over the other teams and find themselves running 6 of the top 7 times?

Give this a week.. Ferrari and Mclaren and the other guys will have their way
It is called engineering. It's part of the sport.

This ebb and flow of new technology and rule changes has been happening for years. McLaren, Ferrari, BMW, do not deserve to be in the top 3. In fact, no team deserves to be in the front. You only get to that spot by effort, knowledge, and the ability to apply those perfectly. Sure money and experience can't hurt either.

Williams, BrawnGP, and Toyota have been able to achieve this more than others. Good for them. They found a way to exploit a loophole in the rules, and are doing a great job with it. That's been the case in F1 since the inception of the world championship. If it wasn't, there would be no need for a constructor's championship as well.

You can read this article to better understand how it is that the "diffuser gang" have been able to make the rules work for them.

Diffusers are Legal

Also you can read this great book about what racers and racing teams do to win:

The Unfair Advantage