View Single Post
      03-31-2017, 06:14 AM   #5
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

What exactly do you want, a road car or an off-road truck? Off-road is more versatile, but buggies are also started to get really popular because they hug the road and pretty damn hard to tip over.

I have a Losi XXX Short course truck, 2wd with a Mamba brushless motor. It can probably reach about 60mph when I max out the cpu, but it has multiple levels that you can run it at, beginner mode for your kid for example.

A decent RTR setup will run anywhere from $200 - $350, depending what you get. If you spend around $300-$350, you could get an RTR kit AWD that probably has a brushless motor. If whatever you buy has a brushed motor, any LiPo battery that you run on it will kill the motor in no time just because of how much power those batteries expel. That's only the starting cost though, typically you'll want two to three batteries (Get good batteries, they're worth it) around $40-$60 each, then you'll need a charger and balancer. There are cheaper models that might be around $80 range, but the charge times are longer and usually only have one access port. Larger balancers can sometimes charge up to 4 batteries at once.

I've always been a Traxxas (Nitro trucks), Team Associated (TC3 road race electric cars), and Losi buggies / short course trucks. So if you have questions feel free to ask.
Appreciate 0