View Single Post
      06-01-2018, 06:53 AM   #2
mrnuke
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 328i '09 E92 Track Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxor View Post
So i've been having this issue for a few weeks now. I think i've narrowed it down to something fuel related as it only happens with half a tank of gas.
When it has a full tank, there are no issues, runs like a dream.

Anyways, When i have half a tank, i step on the gas and the car studders, loss of power is felt and then a few seconds later the power kicks in.
Kinda feels like a kick in the nuts, it's so bad i can hear things in my trunk flopping around. Issue is remedied by putting gas passed the half tank mark.

Now, this issue only happens at half a tank only. I am either thinking its fuel pump related or something. I am just looking into what it may be. I don't think its "bad gas" as i've put enough gas from several different shell locations to fill the tank two times over.

No codes or check engine light or anything. Any ideas are welcome, crazy or not.
Do you think you may have gotten any floating debris in the tank? I had a friend who got pranked with the ping pong ball prank (cut it and shove it in the tank) and the symptoms were similar especially as the tank was draining. Needless to say, the individual who got caught had a hefty bill to pull out the pump and drop the tank!
Appreciate 0