View Single Post
      08-04-2018, 11:57 AM   #321
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red eyed M3 View Post
Maybe i missed it in this thread but after EGR delete install there is an extremely strong diesel smell in the car. Mechanic said it was ( Delete kit steel hose to cylinder head. This one is rubber needs to be steel) . Is this even right. I had the local muffler shop install the new down pipe and i installed the egr delete kit. But i dont remember any steel lines that needed to be installed? He replaced the hoses with new ones and smell was gone for awhile but is back again as they have burned through again i was told. This is my GF's car and i am away from home working. Any info would be great so i can pass this along and it can get fixed right ??
I think you are talking about the EGR cooler being deleted. There is (or was) a correguated steel inlet the the EGR cooler's heat exchanger. People normally cap off the outlet on the exhaust manifold. Plugs are sold by a few vendors. The plug has a 2 bolt flange that bolts into the exhaust manifold. People use a fake EGR valve and its basically a tube with flanges on front and aft faces. A picture of what you're talking about would help.
Appreciate 0