View Single Post
      12-29-2018, 10:23 PM   #35
Joebie
Grandmaster
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love The Drive View Post
Hi Joester, I found this video that might be of help.

I know it is not the N51/52 engine, but couldn't find a video on the actual removal from one of those engines.

You may already be aware, but I was recently informed that you need a "special tool" while removing or replacing the timing chain on these engines in order not to lose the timing. I assume this "special tool" it is the bridge used to hold everything in place while removing the chain.

Sorry to hear what happened to the car, but you seem to know your way around the engine bay and it's great to see the progress you have made so far. Let me know if this was helpful and best of luck to you!
I never saw in there how to actually install or remove the chain though which is what I'm after.

One of the main reasons that I just bought a new engine instead of trying to repair this one is because all the special tools needed and all the vanos and valvetronic stuff scares me.

So I never need to put this one back together, I just wanna take it apart for my own educational purposes (and to make a coffee table out of the engine block)

Thanks for sharing the video, it could come in handy at some point, and thanks for your condolences!
Appreciate 1