View Single Post
      03-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #17
Pinarello Rider
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

OP: I worked in the car wash industry for many years (family business) and I can say that there are LOTS of very good car washes out there who rely on providing a safe cleaning for your car. Is it the same as someone spending 2 hours DETAILING ever crevice of your car? No. It's not trying to be. But they do a great job of providing a safe way to clean, dry, and protect your car if you don't want to spend the time.

There have been a series of studies done over the years (my dad had it posted in his wash for decades - I didn't see this one for 2007 though) and that, along with my experience, is that the vast majority of driveway car washers do more damage than good, but don't recognize it until they take it through a car wash.

If there is a car wash near you, go and talk to the crew there. The owner and manager should enjoy discussing their wash, the products and their techniques with you. If they don't, find one that does.

And I NEVER let anyone take a towel to my car. I'd prefer to drive off the lot with a wet car.
Appreciate 0