View Single Post
      08-13-2018, 02:38 PM   #27
Hotter
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 328i -> 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
I WILL attach a screenprint of my Listbox showing the two FRM Variants which may be selected (FRM 70 & FRM 87). I'll put that on the next post so as NOT to screw up the page width. My 2007 E91 has the FRM 70 like yours, and I get a similar error message if I select FRM 87 and try to connect. That error message is saying it can't connect to FRM 87, BUT it finds FRM 70.

HOWEVER, it won't automatically connect to FRM 70 when you select the other module -- it gives you the error message and you have to go back to the list box and select FRM 70 (the SECOND FRM line in the Listbox). SOOOO:
1) do you have the FRM 70 choice to select in the right-hand Listbox?
2) have you tried selecting that?

You won't have any fault code(s) saved in FRM 70 when you DO connect to it, or the numbers would be in the Functional Jobs ALL MODULES printout you posted. You CAN get more details about the 3 faults you have in the DME (all 3 of which appear to be related to "quiescent current" or parasitic battery drain when engine is off and everything is supposed to be "sleeping." Those codes MAY NOT be present NOW, but simply not cleared from earlier issues, or related to intermittent issues. Copy/ Save all the Fault Details available, clear the faults, and see if they return. Connect to DME (MSV80) to get Fault Code Definitions and Details (select F3, Freeze Frame).

Not sure what the KOMBI fault is, but you may have a CC-ID# you can read with "Check Control" using the B/C buttons on the turn indicator stalk. Once again, connecting to Body/Karosserie | Instrument Cluster and selecting F4 | Fault Memory/Fehlerspeicher will give you fault definition & details.

Using F5, "Status," or F6, "Activations or Steuern" in FRM 70 MAY give you some diagnostics or testing ability for the Extender Motors, but you may have to just manually test using a multimeter and the diagram as suggested/ linked in post #17 above.

Please let us know what you find,
George
I did not have FRM_70 choice in INPA, so I did this:
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=12
It added FRM_70 in config. I launched it and got few warnings like this:

After that I got into this window:

But as you said there is no errors and it does not look that I can activate anything... so I think its dead end?
So, I guess I need to manually test using a multimeter as suggested. I might try to do that on weekend, because I need to remove all side panel again... I guess I will need to leave it open for testing.

Last edited by Hotter; 08-13-2018 at 02:43 PM..
Appreciate 0