08-21-2018, 02:05 PM   #36
Hotter
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 328i -> 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
My best guess from what you have attached:
1) The belt Controller Modules (BOTH sides) are OK, as (when F30 installed) you get position readout, but NOT when F30 is pulled (?)
2) Belt Extender Motors are NOT functioning when you try to Activate using F3, Activate/Extend Belt Conveyer in F6 (Activations/Steuern).
3) You have a Fault in the Belt Extender circuit which the FRM treats as a "short circuit" and after a certain number of reported "shorts", the FRM disables that circuit. That is my best guess from your last screen, Fault Code 9300, and just scanning some discussion found doing a Google Search on "BMW Code 9300":
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=866044

That thread appears to contain info on how to use Tool 32 to identify the circuit with a fault, but if that is why the FRM has disabled the Belt Extender circuit, then you already know what circuit the fault is in -- you just don't know WHERE in that circuit, and need to devise, or get advice on, how best to test the entire circuit.

THIS IS A GUESS, IT IS ONLY A GUESS: I have NOT personally had this issue nor have I fully researched it; JUST a suggestion of something to check out.

4) I would access the belt motors and test for short in each motor (compare ohms readings, pins #4  for each motor). If OK as far as short is concerned, then "hotwire each (reversing polarity as you would on window motor up/down, to reverse extend/retract).

5) If both motors are OK for no short, and both work in each direction, then you likely have a short in the circuit somewhere between the FRM and the motors, at least on ONE side. Since you do NOT know the history of this fault, it is possible that whatever caused the "short" has been corrected, but the prior owner did NOT know how to reset the fault counter to enable the belt extender function.

Since my model has NO belt extenders, I have NO experience with the system.

George
I have not found much information about 9330 error. Only things like this in russian:
https://www.drive2.ru/l/487624337021469152/
And that still does not make clear what does that error mean?
From that post it seems that 9330 error is more like a warning than an error, and means that FRM soon might die. (this error is found in "read information memory", not in F1 "read errors").
Anzahl toter EEE-Sektoren zu hoch = Number of dead EEE sectors too high
Is this short circuit error description?

So I guess that's too much work for seat belt extender which I just want to try it out and that does not guarantee that I will find root cause...
Resetting FRM is dangerous (don't want to brick it or something...) and even more dangerous if short circuit is still there?
Appreciate 0