View Single Post
      03-23-2019, 02:09 AM   #42
Hotter
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 328i -> 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
1) In your initial post you said the prior owner "disabled" the units. Is there any way of contacting previous owner to determine HOW he disabled units?
Previous owner said he removed the fuse... But I guess he did not know the problem him self and lied as the fuse is there and its good fuse, If I remove it seat belt extender system is not communicating with INPA any more, so fuse is ok.

Quote:
2) WHAT event TRIGGERS/activates the belts as the system comes from the factory? Ignition ON??
3) WHAT OTHER EVENTS may be selected/coded to activate the belts?
4) Have you checked to see how EACH of those events is CODED (aktiv/nicht aktiv) in FRM using NCS Dummy?

In your first post you said both Driver & Passenger belts were enabled (aktiv). However, WHAT EVENT is supposed to make them present the belt? As I read NCS, there are THREE (3) different events that may be selected to make the Driver & Passenger "Hand-Overs" work, assuming both are "aktiv."

Those events are:
1) Seat Occupancy Detection; "GB_USE_SBE"
2) Switching on Accessories; "GB_TRIGGER_KL_R"
3) Switching on Ignition; "GB_TRIGGER_KL_15"

As I understand the system (simply by reading NCS, NOT owning coupe), if ALL 3 of the foregoing events are "nicht aktiv" then even if both Driver & Passenger Hand-Overs are "aktiv" nothing will happen. So use NCS Dummy to see if making one of those three Functions AKTIV, such as KL 15 (Ignition ON) changes anything.
Yes I have checked that also, they are all set to active

Quote:
As for the motor wiring to test a motor, here is the TIS circuit diagram for 328i Coupe >9/2007:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...tender/jaGpe2u

The motor wires are NOT color-coded in this schematic, but the 4-pin connectors appear to be wired the same way for each motor, with pins 4 & 5 being for motor 12V+ & Ground, reversing polarity to reverse motor direction. Since the other two are for the Hall/Position Sensors, I would be VERY careful how you test that so as NOT to ruin the Hall sensors. Hopefully, there are TINY pin numbers on the outboard edges of the connectors.
Wiring diagram is really helpful. I find out pins are marked on the motor connector 4 (yellow) and 5 (brown). I applied 4.5V battery and it was enough to spin the motor. Motor is working ok and moving the arm.

How could I check LIN-BUS? If LIN-BUS was not connected how would FRM know about seat belt extender presence? So if we see the status in INPA of seat belt extender can we confirm that LIN-BUS is ok?
Appreciate 0