View Single Post
      03-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #32
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Odd, a few people on this forum have had theirs for a while, and I've not heard issues from them on it. The CT and Costco jacks do look the same... I hope mine doesn't end up leaking!

From what I recall, I didn't see any other CT jacks at the store that are low profile, besides this one. IIRC, you need to have the jack go as low as 4.5 inches to clear the adaptors under the 3 series with sport package. I don't feel like driving onto 2x4's every time.
I used to use the 3.5 ton Michelin jack from CT. If you remove the rubber adapter, it's enough to clear the 3 series with sport with room to go. I've got x-drive on my car though so it's a little bit higher than zsp without xdrive but I wouldn't expect the clearance to be that much different. I find that several of CT's jacks aren't low enough for the 3er but the ones that come with removable jack pads seem to be ok. (just put a rag in between for stability).

The aluminum jack is a good buy in my opinion when it's on sale, especially for condo dwellers or people with not enough room in the garage.

Last edited by Andy M; 03-20-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 0