booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Arrow Help me decide my next car!

My E90 330i is 3 years old in June and I am thinking about changing it. I really don't know what I want next and therefore would appreciate everyone's views. My thoughts at the moment are:

1) Nearly new 335i manual

2) Nearly new M3 (if I really push the boat out!)

3) Nearly new Audi S5

4) Something else? Please let me have your suggestions

I have thought about sports cars but I need a car with both performance and some practicality and boot space, so that knocks a Porsche on the head.

I would love an M3 but still think 2nd hand prices are too high and I expect them to come down further. I could keep my E90 for a fourth year and upgrade to an M3 then when prices should be much more bearable.

I really like the S5, but it seems bigger than the 335i and more of a grand tourer and less of a sports coupe. I love the looks of the S5 and its interior but I would lose out on fun and handling as its a quattro and not rear wheel drive.

At the moment, I'm favouring a 335i. I drove an auto a while back and it was very quick, certainly quick enough for me, but I still find the interiors of the BMW's lacking the build quality of Audi. But it would be a good car to mod.

I also find BMW service piss poor, but have been well looked after ever since I started using Cobham.

Let me know your views guys. Feel free to suggest other makes and models you feel are worth considering.

Cheers!

Last edited by booforty; 02-28-2008 at 09:08 AM.