View Single Post
      07-11-2019, 10:25 AM   #12
KnighTT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 - 2011 E92 335is

Both Axles will arrive today. I picked up a pair of FEQ front axles from ECS. Honestly, I don't know how they are going to work out as feedback on these, and basically ANY new axles replacement is poor. If they turn out to be a POS over the next year, I'll have to move over to the GKN ones FCP sells for $$$. At least those will be lifetime warrantied.

Also, last week, when taking off the engine cover, I found that the ignition and injector wiring hardness had started to fall apart. This was due to spills and overfills from oil changes and the oil has caused the wires to come apart. A few of them had been attempted to be repaired but there is exposed wires and I'm just not going to take the chance of that causing a failure. Replacing the entire wiring harness back to the ECU for the ignition and injectors.

I ordered a entire used engine wiring harness off ebay for $84. Arrived in great condition. So I'll be putting that on before she gets back on the road. That gives me a few spare harnesses just in case I ever have issues with the other two looms that come off the ECU. What a deal.

I think after I get all of this done, over the next two weeks I'm going to do a full fluid change on the front and rear diff, the transfer case, and the manual trans. At 160k miles, I'm going to go for peace of mind on everything I can.
Appreciate 1
type-dRew641.00