View Single Post
      11-16-2018, 12:02 AM   #3
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen81 View Post
Thank you for your very detailed post, many people just throw a code up here and expect help with no background information or troubleshooting at all.

If you can activate the pump with ISTA, then I would think all of the electrical related to the pump is functioning properly. It definitely sounds like the DDE is cutting the fuel and stopping you from cranking.
Thanks yes I have run multiple tests un der ISTA and they all appear to pass. I would think the pump would fail under at least one of those tests es that each test is 3 minutes long.

Quote:
There are a lot of battery related codes, I've had issues related to the battery that didn't clear until it sat with a good battery overnight but I can't say for sure that solved the problem. You have a lot of electrical related codes, I would replace the battery if its more than 4 years old and start checking grounds like you have started doing.
A lot of those codes are related to just continuing to crank the engine running multiple tests. I did install an H9 battery, that works fine in the X5D. If it's starts the X5 it should start the 335D. I also have a tender connected now. All battery related codes did not come back after they where cleared.

Quote:
I see you have a DUDMD tune, you could contact them and see if they have any insights or can ideas on what to log at least. I hear they are very helpful with diagnosis for their customers, and with the DDE cutting the fuel, its possible there is an error there as well. Perhaps swapping DDEs? I'm not sure if that's possible X5-335d however, DUDMD will know for sure.
Swapping dde's would be an option for sure. a very expensive one.

------

I just sat in the car for a good while resetting adaptations to everything i could find and found the following error when resetting rail pressure regulator.

then cleared all codes and found this code to stay consistently after clearing memory more than 7 times.

the code stays present weather I crank the engine or just press start without pressing the brake.

0042E2 DDE: Changeover, rail pressure control

Interesting that that code never came up before. Yet now it will not go away no matter what.

I also tried connecting 3 pairs of jumper cables. Jumping engine to chasis to rule out any grounding issues. For the first time today I also tried to crank the car with the battery freshly charged and the tender hooked up in " start engine mode"

it's possible the aditional voltage and extra grounding allowed the DDE to read the new pressure regulator fault.