10-15-2018, 01:17 PM   #5
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTO335i View Post
So they won't go over the caliper at all or they clear over and rub? My 44's are 17x8 ET 47 and they just make it and barely touch the strut lol I was very lucky because when I bought them I had no clue about fitment issues being a possibility.

I think that your logic works about the spacer bringing your ET down to 35 but the question is will the wheel still be far enough to clear the caliper.
Yeah if I try to press it directly onto the hub it collides with the caliper and wheel won't stay flat.

But I don't understand you have same offset as me and yes and inch wider but still, shouldn't offset not be affected by wideness. like your wheel hub still has the same clearance as mine since both have same offsets and both are 17 inches. It's really complicated

I did find some used 17 inch wheels with one season of winter tire left, but they are replicas and seems to be like rusty ish so I don't konw... guy had them on a 2014 335i M sport so it must fit on our car right.

And that's the thing, I don't want to order spacers at like 130$ and then have to return them with like another 15$ shipping. I will try to take another look tonight and see what it looks like exactly.

If I recall correctly, when I held the wheel like hub level but closer to me, caliper wasn't touching.
Appreciate 0