View Single Post
      03-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Possible to upgrade E90 Hifi for around 1k? ** UPDATE 11-5-13

Hey i've read the stickies and done some searching but know little to nothing about speakers and it's all starting to get confusing and hurt my head... I was hoping I could just have some of you more knowledgable guys chime in and help out. Anyways I always hated the hifi speakers in my car and knew they were terrible. At the moment i'm highly considering doing a speaker upgrade depending on costs and whatnot.

I listen to all different types of music so I just want a system that sounds good all around. Listening to music on my home theater speakers or beats studio headphones is extremely nice. The car on the other hand, not so much... I'm not looking to spend an absurd amount but want a speaker system that outperforms the majority of speakers that come stock with cars today. Looking to have better all around quality than the Logic 7 or other setups basically. First and foremost, is this possible to do around $1,000? I don't have any experience installing audio equipment in cars so I would probably have to take it to a shop to do. I'm willing to spend a bit more than $1,000 but don't want to go crazy and spend like 3k. My other question was what is the best "bang for your buck" way of upgrading the hifi system? If anyone could help me out and name the various components that will sound the best, have a low cost, and will fit like oem and be plug and play.

If this is not possible I might just wind up going with the MusicarNW kit and trying to install myself. Judging by the quality i'm after, which stage would probably suit me best? Anyways thanks in advance for anyone's help, I know i'm going to get people telling me to search but I have for day's and it's all starting to confuse me. Thanks again!

Update 11/5/13:

Ok so I just purchased a XD600/6 off of ebay and i'm waiting on Technic to send me the bill for his harness. As long as everything is here this weekend i'll do the install and post up pics along with a before and after. I need help with suggestions again though. First of all do you guys think I will be satisfied with oem speakers and the amp? I feel like it might be good enough at least until I blow the stock speakers.

Now replacing the stock speakers is my next issue. Obviously i want to keep it as cost effective as possible, but also make sure it is good quality and the install is relatively easy since I plan to DIY. I'm debating between the Jehnert Flatline kit, MB Quartz BMW kit, or just piecing together a set that fits myself. I've done a bunch of research over the last few days but no idea. Anyone try either the flatline kit or MB quartz and have a preference? Would it be more cost effective to piece together my own set? If so I would greatly appreciate suggestions on speakers I can buy that will meet my requirements. Thanks in advance!
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ

Last edited by psmitty95; 11-04-2013 at 11:36 PM..
Appreciate 0