Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi (E90)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
This made me laugh

I know that the rubber stripping around the sunroof was updated from felt to rubber. So I'm wondering is this is the case with this as well.

In your photo, is the left rubber side unfoldable or is it a formed tube like the right side?

Now that im looking at this more closely, the felt could be a piece of its own (although realoem doesn't list it as its own piece). If you can go by the dealer and ask them for this part to verify.
I just know everyone immediately thinks vapor barrier, as it is very common.

As for the left rubber side, it is unfoldable, seems to be that it will cover the kick panel/trim once on. Has the removable red strip that you remove once put on the frame. Seems a little bit shorter in width than the felt though.

The felt is connected to the weatherstripping, one piece, as I started to remove some to see myself. I went to the dealer to get this part/part # originally; however, ended up going with FCP Euro as it costs less (go figure) and lifetime warranty. Same part # and even OE BMW, didn't buy aftermarket.

Still stumped. I may go back to the dealer today to see if they can verify the part has felt if I order from them.

Current: 2011 E91 328i M-Sport Touring
Past: 2008 E90 335xi
1996 E36 328i Sport
Appreciate 0