11-30-2011, 05:25 AM   #10
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscdennab View Post
Bilsteins are monotube gas pressure dampers and KW V3 are twin-tube. From what I read, the twin-tube dampers ride more confortably compared to monotubes, while monotubes are better for racing.

Also, Bilsteins (at least PSS10) lower the car quite a bit even on the highest settings, you may want to consider this also. Monotubes have generally less shock travel room compared to twin-tubes, because there is a gas reservoir at the base of the shock. This prevents larger ranges of height adjustability.

One other thing is that KW has a 7-post shock absorber testing dyno on which they test and tune all their coilovers. There are very few such dynos in the world, most of which are at F1 teams.

Also, KW equips Mercedes AMG Black series, so they must be quite good.

I would go with KW. I have not read a single review of someone who did not like them (at least at the beginning). But I did read some stories about spring coils binding, etc. But these were old enough to not be an issue with their current stuff.
You may be right, but he was asking about the KW V2, not the V3 which would be on par/maybe better then the PSS10
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0