Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipstic View Post
Yeah, you're right; thanks for correcting. For whatever reason I always think that if people get the V3's they generally set them on the stiffer side.
You're right as well. The KW V3 is typically set for race standards, especially for RWD. However, due to the choice limitations for the X Drive (V1 and V3) there's a few more non-race applications seen on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragi Elias View Post
So is the general consensus that the KWs on non-RFTs is a less jarring ride than stock suspension on RFTs?

Is there a particular vendor known to have the best pricing on them?
In regards to consensus, the sidewall is generally more compliant on a non-RFT. A quality aftermarket suspension system will give you much more variability for damping options. However, if you are lowering, the physics progress toward 'jarring' in order to be driveable and responsive. It sounds like you are looking to lower your car; therefore, you must take on some of the lowering qualities (a stiffer ride), to get the stance and the improved driving dynamics. In my case, I love the stance and the system was adjusted to a comfort level that was tolerable.

For purchasing, mod*bargains.com was my choice. (Remove the asterisk) Solid. In anyone's case, discover the price of a few reputable vendors and choose the one, based on your research, that has quality customer service.

Last edited by Wonka; 12-02-2012 at 02:48 PM..
Appreciate 0