View Single Post
      06-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
Zero_09
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 E90, 2011 E90

Well obviously I had hit something for the wheel to bend like I said in the OP but I just don't recall hitting it. I wasn't denying I didn't. Just disappointed since I just got these.

Didn't realize the Hankook v12 were not that right size. I did a lot of research and came up with the majority of the people on 19" running 235/35/19 in the front. Even tire rack had that as the default for 19" rims. I guess I must have missed the threads about Hankook V12 being not that great. I thought they would be at least decent but I should have expected this since I am running a real low profile tire that is has lessen cushion for my wheels. Can't imagine people running 20 side low pros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplant13 View Post
There's a reason why BMW uses forged wheels!!!!
From what I read BMW uses low pressure cast as well and they are by BBS.

Is there an OEM BMW wheel in 19" that I don't know of? I didn't know they made 19" wheels. Just haven't seen any 19' ones that I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplant13 View Post
You're driving a BMW for Christ's sake, not a Kia! People should go aftermarket only to improve their car, not weaken it! So if you're not prepared to shell out the money, leaving it stock is a wise choice. Last time I checked BMW made some pretty high quality cars....
Just because you drive a BMW you're supposed to spend big $$ on everything? I bought a BMW because I thought it was a good deal compared to the other manufacturers in the same price range I was looking at. People have other priories in life besides their car and I have a lot of other hobbies I spend my money on. Would I rather spend $3500 on wheels or use that money for maintaining my family’s vehicles or spend it on other stuff I want. Yeah we've all heard the saying you get what you pay for. I just thought I bought something decent. It uses the same manufacturing process as the OEM BMW wheels I have which are low pressure casting from what I've been reading. I just didn't realized how the tires and the low profile of the tire will affect the rim.

Anyways I'm just sharing my experience for other members when they are doing research. I'm passed it now and just waiting for Alufelgen and see how the handle it. If they don't care then it's no big deal. I'll just get it repaired here for $130 which isn't much.

Last edited by Zero_09; 06-06-2013 at 11:00 AM..
Appreciate 0