View Single Post
      08-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #896
Force[FED]
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Another positive review for AK Motorwerks!

Huge thanks to Kevin and Alex for my KW V1 coilover install!!!

I don't post on forums much anymore, but I do lurk quite a bit, and I knew there would be a time when I would want a place to install some suspension upgrades on my '08 335xi coupe. (since most of you know, even with the Sport Package, the stock suspension on the xDrive cars is HORRIBLE). I kept seeing AK Motorwerks mentioned again and again, so I started PMing Alex. He was always very quick to answer my (many, many) questions.

So after I finally decided on which coilover system I wanted (KW V1s...which Alex told me he has been using for over 2 years), I made an appointment to have them put them in at AK Motorwerks. It was an 85 mile drive from where I live in southern NJ, but if it saved me the aggravation of doing it myself, it was worth it.

Within a few hours, Kevin (and Alex) had my KW V1s installed, and then spent a little extra time making height adjustments. Since I was driving home at night, Alex even adjusted my headlights up so I could see more than 10' in front of my car.

Their price was VERY reasonable, they are extremely friendly and laid back, and they treated my car like it was their own. I would certainly use them again for work on my car, and it's nice to know there are friendly and knowledgeable people not too far from me!

It's a crime that BMW sells their XI cars with such a terrible spring/shock combo. The KW V1s are how the car should come from the factory, the stock springs/shocks are not even in the same league. The car is flatter during acceleration/braking/turning, and the vague scariness of the stock xDrive suspension is gone. The constant bouncing of the stock items is gone, yet the ride is not harsh at all. Bravo to KW for making such a great setup, it's exactly what my 335xi was missing!

Thanks for the recommendation Alex!
Appreciate 0