View Single Post
      05-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #140
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post

But i agree with you Drivers72's auto 335I was quick, and he did very well at Famoso and on the way back home. Why did you sell it?

Well, originally I wanted the coupe from the get-go.
Loved the look more.
But I was impatient and didn't want to wait 8-12 weeks for it.

But when a friend saw my sedan and loved it, he said, "I want that car, set up just like your car is." Then I got a call from him asking, "would you be at all interested in selling me your car?"

He offered to take over my lease payments and give me cash for most of the options I had on the car (PROcede and wheels).
I said, "well, that might be a perfect opportunity to get the coupe I originally wanted."

And to be honest, the fact I was a bit nervous about the fuel pump failures and oil cooler retrofit, made the choice easy too.
The new car will come with the new fuel pump, oil cooler from the factory, and a few other upgraded things I liked. Also helped that the coupe is a bit lighter, more rigid and less common, and will have more interchangeable parts with the E92 M3.

So it worked out for the best. Plus I have two other sedan cars already anyway, made no sense for me to have 3.
Appreciate 0