View Single Post
      10-05-2018, 07:44 AM   #8
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

More recently, I have been trying to chase some leaks which has been a bit of a pain. First, I noticed the vacuum pump was leaking oil. New O-rings sorted this and was a quick fix. I then noticed the EGR thermostat leaking. The O-ring had gone so that was replaced. I know I know, I have an EGR delete so no real need for this cooler. I will remove it at some point, but it isn’t a priority for me at the moment. I then started noticing drops of oil on the drive. After a quick check, it was obvious the red boost pipe to the turbo was leaking terribly. The whole of the under tray was covered in oil. That is a work in progress with parts ordered to be replaced very soon.

Also, I am not confident the swirl flap delete was done properly or at least, whilst the manifold was off at that time, other leaks were not seen to. There is a lot of leakage seen on the right hand side (looking into the engine bay from the front of car) which I have read is common to be leaking from where the manifold meets the block. So, another bit of work to be done is to take the manifold off, clean it out and seal it properly with new gaskets. Also, to check whether the swirl flap blanks were installed correctly before I bought the car.
Appreciate 0