Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 540iT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmar View Post
An E91 AllTrac! I like the look.

I have software on my truck for larger diameter tires; I wonder if anyone sells a tuner with such software for an E91???
I'm not really sure what you mean by software for tires, but the e91 XI (in the US at least) is a really under appreciated vehicle and has really no specific tuning (besides custom BPC, AA, or other shops). It does have some limitations like power, same diameter wheel size, and number of aftermarket accessories; however, it doesn't stop it from being a great little car.

Update to my car. I just bought new tires (205/55/16) before the "lift" so I probably won't put bigger tires on until I have money to justify them. I do like the Firestone Winterforce tires. I ran them studless on my old Ford Ranger in New Hampshire year round and they held up on/off road decently for an cheap grippy tire. I'm hung up on buying X1 front struts and springs due to the fact that it will probably reintroduce the xi rake. The front is decently high right now with stock springs and ~5000 mile new bilstein B4 oem shocks. I think the setup is perfect. The car looks balanced and the height will improve with larger tires. I need to focus on little things like a exhaust leak from my aftermarket headers to the pipes, clunking in the steering rack, etc. What do you guys think about a hitch mounted spare tire holder? I'm tired of having my full sized tire in the back. I thought about putting it on the roof in a rack, but areodynamics wouldn't be the best.
Appreciate 0