View Single Post
      06-30-2018, 04:26 PM   #3009
Sleepyweasels
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Hello All been lurking for a while and thought I should say hello, had a lot of good information from this site - I recently (about 3 months) bought a BMW 335i E93 N55 and when its on full song the car is amazing, quick and fun to drive.
But Iv'e had a few issues and a steep learning curve over last few months:
i)Had a boost overpressure fault (only uphill on WOT) - vacuum pipe to boost solenoid was pinched, changed and re-routed pipe and then ok (checked charge pipes as I read the charge pipe leaking is a quite common fault and can cause boost issues, anyway these were ok at this point!)
ii)VANOS fault Code P13C9 VANOS Exhaust control fault camshaft stuck, cleaned and swapped over intake/exhaust Vanos solenoids and fault did not transfer sides but did come back as same fault. Noticed the oil was down to halfway between min and max topped back up to max and it has not re-occurred (in 500 miles but was happening after only 3-10 miles)
iii)Heard a bang from engine and immediate loss of power, engine light on and car in limp mode, had Obd Code for Mass Air Flow meter P00BD - Mass/Volume of air too high - checked charge pipes again and found end of pipe from intercooler had cracked the clip had come out and the pipe connection came off - just starting to look on ebay for replacement aluminium charge pipes!
Appreciate 0