View Single Post
      04-30-2016, 07:51 PM   #8
JustDriveIt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe E92 Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVS View Post
Very nice. What phone are you using android or iPhone?

Yeah I'm glad you're enjoying that receiver. Previous post I had meant that this is an all in one package for my needs that has a high end DAC built in so in future I wouldn't keep switching DACs like I did when I had the AirPlay option.

Also good thing all these newer products have optical out. Incase you update your AMP OR PROCESSING unit that supports optical input
Yea, I was agreeing with you. I don't know how much those airport systems costs but I know some are around $200 and the one I saw was the size of a small netbook.

I've been trying to tell people APT-X is the way to go, but no one really listens because of the bluetooth stigma. But glad someone else figured it out ha. I believe the unit I have is pretty good, but I don't think the DAC specs are up to the one you posted. I attached a 24bit external DAC via optical and it was lacking in the low range, and seemed like a flat signal which the Logic7 system did not like and seemed unable to process the proper range for it so I ditched it and went back to the built in DAC, ended up liking it more because it emphasized the low frequency and paired well with the Logic7 system.

I'm using android and every once and a while I will get a skip or two, which I believe is my phone. The NFC feature is nice because anyone with iPhone, or android can just tap my center console with their phone and it connects them, I believe it supports up to 5 units simultaneously, but obviously just chooses the one with the latest activity to play audio.

Overall pretty happy, in my last BMW I had the latest Bluetooth at the time pretty much doing the same thing via BT->aux but the quality was just garbage and it did not auto connect. Glad BT technology has improved greatly since then.
Appreciate 0