View Single Post
      03-16-2024, 06:07 PM   #9
Beasters
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335ix 6 Speed Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Bro View Post
Your boost solenoids are also fine since you are able to meet target. Holding target boost has nothing to do with the solenoids.
Also keep in mind none of these tunes take upgraded inlets into count. Once you have upgrades inlets a custom tune is always best.
Some people overshoot target with these inlets and may trip a code but I don’t think you have that issue.
Bimmer Bro, Thank you so much for the response. I really appreciate the insite! I’m still learning how to read these values. I see what you mean about the wastegate base value % continuing to rise throughout the rpms to redline while the boost level peaks around 18psi and slowly tapers as it gets closer to redline. Seems like the stock turbos also take time to build boost compared to what this “boost Target”, is set to early in the rpm range. I have not had any codes trip at all. That’s interesting that v7 is better for the stock turbos. I’m always thinking the latest version the better, guess not always! I will make this switch right away (I have mhd super license) running stage 2+ on 93 octane.

Also I noticed some timing corrections happening on different cylinders in this log. Any big deal? I’ve read adding a couple gallons of e85 to a full tank of 93 octane can help reduce timing corrections? Also any opinions about running e30 tune on stock turbos/ stock fuel pumps? Again I’m a newb, but I used to own an Evo 8 for a few years so I do understand good amount.

Just purchased this car a week ago. It’s an 08 335xi at 99k miles.. I’m assuming the turbos are factory. Thanks again for all your help my bimmer brother!
Appreciate 0