Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormermike View Post
got to wonder what all the iterations were for if not reliability!
Just what is different about index 12 isn't entirely clear to me. From what I've gleaned, the index 12 version may have an internal filter and optimised thermo-compensating oil over the previous version.

But the situation is confusing because it seems BMW introduced an 'index 12.5' if you will, with a new part number for the S63 engine, but that part number is no longer available (according to RealOEM). So I assume the changes to index '12.5' were incorporated into the existing index 12 part number and the new number withdrawn.

You can get the fuller picture here (start at 16:00):

but bear in mind this vid is from 2018 and I think the situation may have changed again since...
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0