View Single Post
      07-23-2018, 08:06 AM   #27
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Interesting topic and one of the kinds of threads I appreciate and can interact in.

I am almost 48 (less than 2 weeks) and I noticed my reading and up close vision of tiny letters weakening @ 44 for me. I've had perfect vision all my life based on the general eye exams from my family Doc. Also I started noticing glare at night from oncoming headlights. I went in with my wife who has had to wear glasses/contacts since she was a teen. The Doc explained that no matter who you are, human beings vision begin deteriorating substantially by age 40 and continue to do so for the rest of your life. Some more so than others. I was prescribed a pair of glasses specifically for reading and computer work. They work great! I also got an optional pair of low power far sighted glasses for night driving. But they also make everything at a distance look super sharp. Kind of like HD vs SD.
So yeah, I feel you. Life happens.
I'll be 42 in just a few months and aside from my CSR issue in the left eye, the only problems with my eyes that I've ever had was when my youngest son shot me in the eye with velcro nerf dart when he was about 6. I've had countless stitched and have been beat and banged up pretty up bad throughout life but that was hands down one of the worst pains I have ever had.

I started noticing my vision going south about a year ago and the girlfriend at the time asked me to try on her glasses and couldn't believe how much sharper everything was. I just hope the company fitting my lenses to my frames get it done quickly. I'm so ready to be able to see clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Same thing for me...but if I had longer arms I wouldn't need to wear glasses though.
I've heard several people say that in the past few days.

Quote:
What a refreshing thread...no one is arguing or calling each other names.
Give it a few more posts

Quote:
I vote for Ray Bans as well. They seem a bit less prone to lens scratches. I'm not sure what the lens material was though...
I'll more than likely end up with some Ray-Bans too, also shopping for Persol frames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
I’ve worn glasses since mid 20’s and I’m now just about to turn 54.

I have problems with both short and long distance so I have had multifocals for the past 10years or so and I would be lost without them, more so with reading.

I have usually had either Oakley or Ray Ban frames and have found both to be fine for daily use. I primarily wear Ray Ban sunglasses though.

I’m lucky, my Wife works for OPSM (same as Lens Crafters in the States) so I get them for free
Same here. Reading seems to be my biggest issue. I don't really notice how bad my eyes are until I need to focus on letters or numbers. In my profession it can make it quite difficult. Nothing like having an inside man....or woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I had perfect 20/20 vision until my 40's. Then it started to fail, but slowly. First it was just reading glasses. And then "computer" glasses. Now, in my late 50's, I have tri-focals. I tried the progressives, but I suffered through a week of nausea and gave up on them. So I have true, three-line trifocals. I bought a pair of Serengeti sunglasses (looooong time fan of them) and had trifocal lenses fitted to those frames.

Last year I started riding a bicycle and needed a wrap-around set of glasses to keep the dust and such out. I found that almost any decent frame can be adapted to use prescription lenses. And yes, they are very pricey. I have 4 pairs of sunglasses (2 for riding and two for normal use) and 4 pairs of regular glasses that I use depending on where I'm at and what I'm looking at. Welcome to the world of corrective vision.
I've read quite a few reviews where people have stated they have gotten nausea from progressive lenses. I certainly hope that won't be the case with me after shelling out the small fortune I have already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Hush 4-eyes

.......and there it is!
Appreciate 0