mikeysix
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F30 318d m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by briers View Post
I've noticed nearly every trv in my house making a very annoying whistling noise now. Some louder than others. I'm pretty sure some are out of calibration too. Can anyone recommend reliable ones? I need about 20 so preferably not top whack ones. I noticed the heads unscrew, do you replace just the heads or the entire valve?

Also I would like to get a better digital programmable thermostat. I run our heating 24/7 so having it adjust the temp down from 20 to 15 overnight and some afternoons is very handy. Problem is our current one is crap, letting the temp drop too far then blasting it up and over the set temp. I would rather just have it top up. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks
What is the central heating water quality like mate? The variance in whistling at the trv's may be due to the trv's being set at different temperatures. Some will be trying to slow the water flow down quicker than others due to room temp. If the seats of the valves are dirty then the venturi effect will be louder and might cause this whistling noise. Does the noise go away if you manually open or close the valve? Its just an idea mate.
Appreciate 0