View Single Post
      01-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
Tareq_328xi
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Cool New member, and lots to learn about BMW!!!

Hello All!

First, Happy New Year!

I am a new member from Toronto and a new owner of a 2007 328xi coupe. It is my first car and I have a lot to learn about how to take car of it, especially that it is a BMW.

The first issue is oil change. The car has 86km, the previous owner did a general check-up before the warranty expired at 79km, including changing oil and topping up all fluids. My question is, what interval should I stick to for oil change, keeping in mind that 85% of my commute is highway?
btw, I plan to use Mobil 1 in the 5W-40 or 5W-30 class.

Second, I drive around 90km on the highway everyday to work, and I live only 3 minutes away from the highway. My concern is that when I start driving early in the morning, I dont give the car enough time to warm up before I hit the highway. I try to shift between 2-2500 RPM. Any suggestions?

Third, as I have already stated, it is my first car and it is 6MT. I enjoy every gear shift , however, ever since I was taught how it drive it, I became extremely paranoid about "burning the clutch". Anything I should keep in mind to prolong the life of the clutch? (ie, waiting for the traffic light to turn green, driving in congested traffic ,,, etc.)
btw, I find it very difficult to shit to 2nd in the morning!

Finally, for those living it Toronto, what gas do you fill your cars with? I used PetroCanada 91 and Shell V-Power 91, and it seems that the engine is smoother with Shell's?!

Thanks!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0